Substitution Procedure – U8
Unlimited Substitutions occur on ANY stoppage of play.
- Players to midfield touchline on the bench side and wait for referee to allow entrance.
Substitution Procedure – U10 - U19
To replace a player by a substitute, the following conditions must be observed:
Only with they permission of the Referee.
Only during following stoppages of play
- · At goal kick by either team
- · On a team’s own throw in
- · On other team's throw in if other team substitutes
- · After the scoring of a goal
- · At the start of the second half
- · For injury – injured player and (optionally) 1 player from the other team
Changing the Goalkeeper
Any of the other players may change places with the goalkeeper, provided that:
- The goal keeper can only be changed with the referee’s permission – U10 - U18
If a substitute enters the field of play without the referee's permission:
- play is stopped
- play is restarted with a dropped ball at the place it was located when play was stopped
- The referee may caution (yellow card) the offending player or players
Restart of Play
If play is stopped by the referee to administer a caution:
The match is restarted by an indirect free kick, to be taken by a player of the opposing team from the place where the ball was located when play was stopped, unless play had already been stopped for another reason in which case an appropriate restart should occur (throw in, goal kick, etc)