The Players' Equipment
A player must not use equipment or wear anything which is dangerous to himself or another player (including any kind of jewelry).
The basic equipment of a player is:
- a uniform jersey must be worn
- shorts can be worn, but not required.
- stockings must be worn..
- shinguards must be worn.
- footwear must be worn, but do not have to be soccer cleats.
- sweatpants can be worn as needed.
Shirts must be tucked in at the start of each substitution period except for the goalkeeper.
- are covered entirely by the stockings
- are made of a suitable material (rubber, plastic, or similar substances)
- provide a reasonable degree of protection
The following is not allowed:
· Earrings – even if covered by tape
· Other Jewelry – Except taped down religious or medical items
· Casts or splints - Even if covered and padded
· Metal or hard plastic hair clips, beads, etc.
· Baseball or other hard brimmed hats
· Metal Cleats or other footwear
· Anything else that in the opinion of the referee could cause injury to either the player or others
Each goalkeeper wears colors which distinguish him from the other players, the referee and the assistant referees.
For any infringement of this Law:
- play need not be stopped
- the player at fault is instructed by the referee to leave the field of play to correct his equipment
- any player required to leave the field of play to correct his equipment does not re-enter without the referee's permission - need not wait for stoppage of play.
- the referee checks that the player's equipment is correct before allowing him to re-enter the field of play
- the player is only allowed to re-enter the field of play after play has resumed.
Restart of Play
If play is stopped by the referee to administer a caution:
The match is restarted by an indirect free kick taken by a player of the opposing side, from the place where the ball was located when the referee stopped the match, unless play had already been stopped for another reason in which case an appropriate restart should occur (throw in, goal kick, etc)