The Referee Mentor
Each match may be observed by a referee mentor, who has full authority to help the referee enforce the Zero Tolerance Policy Laws in connection with the match to which he has been appointed.
The Authority of the Referee Mentor
Powers Limitations and Duties
The Referee Mentor:
- Observes the match to ensure the safety of the referee.
- Observes the match to monitor the accuracy of referee calls and decisions.
- Observes the match to ensure a positive atmosphere for the referee.
- Observes the match to ensure that the zero-tolerance policy is followed.
- Assists the referees with the zero tolerance policy as requested by the referee.
- Does not interfere with the referee during the game.
- Does not overturn a referee's decision or call.
- Provides positive guidance to the referee during half-time, or at the end of the match.
- Helps the referee only when requested by the referee.
- Reports safety and zero tolerance policy violations to the referee director.
- Must be approved and appointed by the TYSL Board Of Directors.
- Stops, suspends or terminates the match, at his discretion, for serious infringements of the zero tolerance policy.
- stops the match if, in his opinion, a player is seriously injured and ensures that he is removed from the field of play